➊ UDC Ltd will carry out a dimensional survey of the property, draw the floor plans up to scale showing the existing and proposed sections of the building.
➋ UDC Ltd will draw up the plans elevations of the property and send a preliminary copy of the drawing to the client for comments and approval.
➌ UDC Ltd will send in the application on the client’s behalf and liaise with the planning authorities.
➍ The planning application will be made via the Planning Portal, who will send the client an email with a link to pay for the fee.
➎ Prior to sending in the application, payment of the fee will be required.
➊ UDC Ltd will carry out a dimensional survey of the property if not already carried out for planning purposes.
➋ UDC Ltd will liaise with the client on the design of the extension if not already done so for planning purposes.
➌ UDC Ltd will send a copy of the drawing to the Structural Engineer if calculations are required. The Engineer will then send a quote direct to the client.
➍ UDC Ltd will send in the application on the client’s behalf on receipt of a cheque for the Building Regulation fee made payable to the Local Authority.
➎ Prior to sending in the application payment of the fee will be required.
Upton Design Consultancy provides an architectural design service for the building industry specialising mainly in the domestic market. The service starts from initial discussion with the client, followed by the planning application, through to completion of building regulation details and application. These drawings are then used by the client to obtain prices for the construction work.
• All domestic design work is undertaken ranging from porches; single and two storey extensions; loft conversions; garage conversions; detached garages and outbuildings; and new dwellings.
• A full design and drawing service is provided including liaising with the Local Authority Planning and Building Regulation departments. The services of structural and thermal engineers can be provided as required.
• An initial visit to the clients’ property will establish the extent of the work required when a price for the design will be provided. If this price is accepted, a date for a return visit will be agreed when a full dimension survey will be carried out.
• The fee for the design and drawing work will vary depending on the extent of the work, the complexity of the existing building, and the location of the site. A guide to the fee can be provided over the telephone, this will then be confirmed on the initial visit.
• The drawings are then produced on a computer using ‘Drawing Express’. These drawings can then be printed and posted to the client or sent via e-mail as a pdf document.